HackedLefty

What happened when anonymouslefty.blogspot.com and boltwatch.blogspot.com were stolen by a hacker UPDATE 30 DECEMBER 2006 - BLOGS NOW RESTORED!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Blogger restores my blogs

Good news!

Overnight AnonymousLefty and BoltWatch have been unceremoniously taken from the hacker, returned to me, and are now restored. Entirely.

It took Blogspot six days. But when it got around to my email, it didn't mess around. It simply fixed the problem. So, bravo.

Please update your links again (yes, again, I'm sorry about all this).

I still don't know who the hacker was, and I'm not sure if I'll take the matter to the police (I strongly suspect that their attitude will be, "uh, you had your blog stolen? Hold on while I type this into my invisible typewriter!"). But in the meantime, everything's back to normal. Yes, a few comment threads from the last week will be orphaned from the original posts - and yes, a few kindly bloggers who've quickly updated their links will be irritated at changing them back. But hopefully that's the entirety of the impact.

It's just nice to be back.